(2014) (Daniel Radcliffe, Zoe Kazan) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Romantic Comedy: A young man, past burned by love, tries to sort through his feelings toward his new female friend who already has a boyfriend.
- Wallace (DANIEL RADCLIFFE) was once going to be a doctor, but when his girlfriend cheated on him, he dumped her, dropped out of med school, moved into his sister's attic, and took a job writing manuals. He's now jaded about love, and certainly can't hook up with anyone he meets, unlike his best friend, Allan (ADAM DRIVER), who's recently done that with Nicole (MACKENZIE DAVIS).
Wallace lets his feelings known to Chantry (ZOE KAZAN), an animator he meets at a party, and the two seem to hit it off. But he then learns that she's been in a long-term commitment with her U.N. copyright law boyfriend, Ben (RAFE SPALL), and would just like to be friends. He agrees, but it's soon obvious to everyone but Chantry and, initially, her sister, Dalia (MEGAN PARK), that he's smitten with her and is torn about what to do. With Allan and Nicole urging him to act on his desire, Wallace tries to figure out how he truly feels about Chantry, all while she deals with some unexpected changes in her life.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Those who like romantic comedies might be interested, while Radcliffe might draw in some of his former "Harry Potter" fans.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For sexual content, including references throughout, partial nudity and language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.