(2014) (Chris Rock, Rosario Dawson) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: A comedian tries to promote his newest film, a drama, all while contending with a reporter who trails him all day with questions about his life as a celebrity.
- At one time, Andre Allen (CHRIS ROCK) was named the funniest man in America, and he had a wildly successful film franchise playing the title character in a number of "Hammy the Bear" movies. Now that he's sober, however, he wants to do serious and profound work, and his latest film, "Uprize!" is about a famous Haitian slave rebellion. But it's not getting good reviews and thus he's out doing the PR circuit and ends up teamed for the day with New York Times reporter Chelsea Brown (ROSARIO DAWSON) who follows him around from one publicity stop to the next, with his longtime friend, bodyguard and driver, Silk (J.B. SMOOVE), always close by.
A recovering alcoholic herself, she wants to know how being sober has affected his career, and is also interested in his upcoming nuptials to reality TV star Erica Long (GABRIELLE UNION) who's going to have their wedding broadcast live on Bravo. As the day wears on, she gets him to reveal things about himself, all while some chemistry begins to spark between the two.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens, especially if they're fans of Rock and/or anyone else in the cast, might show some interest in the film.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For strong sexual content, nudity, crude humor, language throughout and some drug use.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.