(2014) (Brenton Thwaites, Laurence Fishburne) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Sci-fi: Three friends set out to find a computer hacker but end up in a strange biomed type facility where people in hazmat suits examine and interrogate them.
- Nic (BRENTON THWAITES) and Jonah (BEAU KNAPP) are best friends who've been trying to figure out the identity of "Nomad," a computer hacker who hacked into MIT's system and wiped out various servers, including those run by the two young men. When Nomad contacts them again via text messages, they're more than determined than ever to find him, even if he seems to have the technological upper hand, what with accessing the camera on a laptop owned by Nic's girlfriend, Haley (OLIVIA COOKE).
She's moving to California for a year and Nic and Jonah are driving her there, a fortuitous turn of events as the two men trace the location of Nomad's computer to a remote part of Nevada. They arrive at night to what appears to be an abandoned home out in the desert and poke around inside, all while Haley stays in the car. Her screams bring them back out, only to see her whisked away into the night sky.
When Nic regains consciousness, he finds himself in some sort of biomed facility where everyone is wearing hazmat suits, including Dr. Wallace Damon (LAURENCE FISHBURNE) who proceeds to ask questions of Nic without informing him of where he is or what's going on. As the days pass, and noting the clockwork like behavior of the staff, Nic plots his escape with hopes of rescuing his two friends. Little is he prepared for what he's going to find, however, revelations that will forever change his life.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Those into sci-fi related tales might be intrigued.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For some thematic elements, violence and language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.