(2014) (Kellan Lutz, Gaia Weiss) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Fantasy Action: The half-son of Zeus overcomes treachery, deceit, and being sold into slavery to defeat an evil king and win the heart of a princess.
- Amphitryon (SCOTT ADKINS) is a power-hungry young king who leads his troops into the kingdom of Argos and defeats its king. Realizing that her husband is becoming a ruthless, blood-thirsty dictator devoid of compassion, his wife, Queen Alcmene (ROXANNE McKEE), agrees to become pregnant with the son of the god Zeus and raise the child to one day defeat Amphitryon.
Flash-forward 20 years later, and her son Hercules (KELLAN LUTZ) is a magnificent young warrior who loves Princess Hebe (GAIA WEISS) of Crete. Amphitryon, though, has arranged with the King of Crete for Hebe to marry Amphitryon's petty, unremarkable first-born son, Iphicles (LIAM GARRIGAN), in a bid for further conquest. When Hercules tries to run away with Hebe, he is captured and sent on a mission that Amphitryon has arranged for him to be killed on. He is not and is instead sold into slavery along with the good-hearted family man, Captain Sotiris (LIAM McINTYRE).
The two become gladiators and eventually fight their way back to Greece. Hercules is reunited with Hebe and becomes a folk hero of sorts for his god-like strength. Soon, he is rallying downtrodden villagers everywhere to join him on his crusade to defeat Amphitryon and return order to the land.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Teen and pre-teen boys may have some interest due to the PG-13 rating and high action quotient.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For sequences of intense combat action and violence, and for some sensuality.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.