(2014) (Blake Rayne, Ray Liotta) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: Bucking his father's desire for him to follow in his preacher footsteps, a young man follows his dream of being a rock and roll singer, unaware that the famous man he's impersonating is actually his separated at birth twin brother.
- It's the Depression and William (BRIAN GERAGHTY) and Helen (AMANDA CREW) are a young but penniless married couple who've just had twins. Realizing they can't raise both and having just heard a traveling evangelist comment on he and his wife not being able to have kids, William convinces Helen to give up one of their sons to the preacher, Reece Wade (RAY LIOTTA), and his wife, Louise (ASHLEY JUDD), making them promise to never tell the boy of his origins.
While William and Helen's remaining son eventually grows up into the mega-successful rock and roll singer Drexel Hemsley (BLAKE RAYNE), Ryan Wade (BLAKE RAYNE) ends up being molded by his father to follow in his preacher footsteps. But Ryan has been bitten by the rock and roll bug, and sneaks off to visit roadhouses and other such venues with his friend, Dino (SETH GREEN), to catch such early acts. It's there that he meets Jenny O'Brien (ERIN COTTRELL), but upon learning of his activities, Reece forbids his son to return to such places.
Years later, Ryan has finally stood up to his father about not wanting to be a preacher and now works as a grease monkey for auto shop owner Avi Hirshberg (JOE PANTOLIANO). When Ryan accidentally runs into Jenny, Avi convinces him to pursue her and the two eventually get married. Ryan ends up entering a contest to find the best Drexel imitator and ultimately wins, with agent Tony Nash (WAYLON PAYNE) getting him a gig touring the country imitating the man for whom he's a dead ringer, but doesn't realize is his long-lost twin brother.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- It's not likely a lot will, but some may show some interest if they get the Elvis connection to the story.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For thematic material and smoking.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.