(2014) (Zac Efron, Miles Teller) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Romantic Comedy: Two confirmed bachelors agree to remain romantically unattached to anyone to prove their solidarity with their married friend whose wife is leaving him.
- Unlike their married doctor friend, Mikey (MICHAEL B. JORDAN), book cover designers Jason (ZAC EFRON) and Daniel (MILES TELLER) are confirmed bachelors who enjoy casual hook-ups with various young women they put on their self-proclaimed "rosters." When Mikey discovers that his lawyer wife, Vera (JESSICA LUCAS), is cheating on him and wants a divorce, Jason and Daniel welcome him back to their world where all agree not to get romantically involved with anyone in a sign of solidarity for Mikey.
But then Jason has a one-night stand with Ellie (IMOGEN POOTS) and leaves upon believing she's a hooker, only to discover that she's actually an aspiring author and new client with his boss' firm. After that misunderstanding, they start seeing each other. At the same time, Daniel ends up sleeping with the guys' gal-pal Chelsea (MACKENZIE DAVIS) and starts to develop feelings for her, all while Mikey tries to reconcile with Vera. With none of them knowing such romantic developments about each other, the three friends try to maintain their non-committal stances that end up putting their budding romances in jeopardy.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Teens might show some interest, especially if they're fans of anyone in the cast and/or sex-based comedies.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For sexual content and language throughout.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.