(2014) (Megan Fox, Will Arnett) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action: Four walking, talking turtles with martial arts skills launch a vigilante campaign against a crime syndicate that is terrorizing modern-day New York.
- TV reporter April O'Neill (MEGAN FOX) yearns to do more hard-hitting stories and be respected in her profession. But the only person who believes in her is her smitten cameraman Vernon (WILL ARNETT). Her career ambitions come at a time when her home market of New York City is being terrorized by a mysterious crime syndicate known as The Foot, under the leadership of the vicious super-ninja Shredder (TOHORU MASAMUNE) and his second-in-command, Karai (MINAE NOJI).
While investigating a lead one night at the city dock, she happens upon a confrontation between Shredder's masked henchmen and a shadowy figure she perceives to be some sort of otherworldly ninja. She pursues the matter further and discovers that a four-member fighting force known as the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is rising up to take on the Foot. They include the leader-in-training, Leonardo (PETE PLOSZEK); the team's tech guru, Donatello (JEREMY HOWARD); the surly rogue, Raphael (ALAN RITCHSON), who's always threatening to leave the group; and silly romantic Michelangelo (NOEL FISHER), who falls head over heels in love with April.
For years, they have secretly trained in the sewers of Manhattan under the guidance of their master, mutated lab rat Splinter (DANNY WOODBURN, voice of TONY SHALHOUB). Now that April has uncovered their identities, though, they are forced into the spotlight and must do battle with Shredder; The Foot; and their evil corporate backer, Eric Sacks (WILLIAM FICHTNER), who wants to poison the city with a gas and make billions manufacturing the antidote from the Ninja Turtles' mutated blood.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Yes. The film is getting heavy ad play on kid-friendly TV channels, and it's based on a popular toy and comic-book franchise.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For sci-fi action violence.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2019 Screen It, Inc.