(2014) (Melissa McCarthy, Susan Sarandon) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: After she is fired from her job and learns her husband is cheating on her, a down-on-her-luck woman takes off on a road trip with her alcoholic grandmother.
- Tammy (MELISSA McCARTHY) is a down-on-her-luck woman who has just been fired from her go-nowhere, fast-food job and has come home to find that her husband, Greg (NAT FAXON), is cheating on her with their next-door neighbor, Missi (TONI COLLETTE). Distraught, she vows to leave town and never return. Unfortunately, she has hit a deer with her car and her mother, Deb (ALLISON JANNEY), won't let her borrow her car.
She decides to hit the road with her profane, alcoholic grandmother Pearl (SUSAN SARANDON), who has a wad of cash and a gassed-up Cadillac. Together, the two get into a series of loosely connected misadventures, including: crashing a jet-ski into a pier; picking up Earl (GARY COLE) and Bobby (MARK DUPLASS), a father and son in a Louisville barbecue eatery; getting arrested for disorderly conduct outside of a liquor store; and holding up a restaurant for bail money.
Bad vibes between Tammy and Pearl come to a head at a lesbian 4th of July party at their cousin, Lenore's (KATHY BATES) and her girlfriend Susanne's (SANDRA OH) house. Pearl gets disturbingly drunk, and Tammy is finally forced to make choices that will affect what direction her life takes from there on out.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Some older teens may have some interest due to McCarthy's rising popularity.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language including sexual references.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.