(2014) (Cameron Diaz, Jason Segel) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: A married couple must contend with the sex tape they've made accidentally ending up on their friends and others' computer tablets and then the Internet.
- Annie (CAMERON DIAZ) is an Internet blogger whose work -- including talking about how her sex life with husband Jay (JASON SEGEL) has diminished over time and with two kids -- has become so popular that a big corporation run by Hank (ROB LOWE) -- wants to buy it and keep her on as the head writer. When she arranges for a night alone with Jay, their lack of practice results in the inability to have sex, leaving both of them dismayed. She then comes up with the idea that perhaps making a sex tape -- to be recorded on his iPad -- might reinvigorate their bedroom passion. Using "The Joy of Sex" as their inspiration, they proceed to record three hours worth of trying out every position.
Unfortunately for them, he opts not to erase the recording as she asked and it automatically synchs up with older iPads that he's given to family and friends, as well as the one that Annie gave to Hank for her presentation. When they get an anonymous text that the sex tape has been seen, they realize they must get back all of those iPads, starting with the one they gave to their married friends, Robby (ROB CORDDRY) and Tess (ELLIE KEMPER). They then try to retrieve the one from Hank, unaware that Robby's teenage son has further complicated their lives by uploading the recording to a porn site.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- The sex tape angle might be enticing to some, while fans of Diaz, Segel or anyone else in the cast might be interested.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For strong sexual content, nudity, language and some drug use.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.