(2014) (Ice Cube, Kevin Hart) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action Comedy: A tough Atlanta cop takes a motor-mouthed young man on a ride along to scare him into not joining the Police Academy ... and not proposing to his sister.
- James Payton (ICE CUBE) is a tough, no-nonsense cop working the mean streets of Atlanta and hot on the trail of an enigmatic master criminal named Omar (LAURENCE FISHBURNE), who he has hunted for several years. Having lost his parents at a young age and forced to grow up in foster homes, he prefers a solitary life -- one without connections, friends, and even a partner.
He does have one connection and that is his sister, Angela (TIKA SUMPTER), who is living with a man he can't stand. Ben (KEVIN HART) is a nice enough guy. He is a security guard at a local high school who dreams of attending the Police Academy and becoming a law enforcement officer, too. But James doesn't think this diminutive, motor-mouthed video-game junkie is good enough for Angela. So, he challenges him to accompany him on a ride along in order to prove his manhood. Ben, seeking James' blessing to marry his sister, eagerly accepts.
Unbeknownst to Ben, James has arranged with his fellow cops Miggs (BRYAN CALLEN) and Santiago (JOHN LEGUIZAMO) a series of humiliations that will convince Ben to realize he's not good enough for the Atlanta PD or Angela. Ben, though, proves extremely lucky at uncovering clues that could lead James to Omar despite the protests of James' commanding officer, Lt. Brooks (BRUCE McGILL).
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Teens will definitely have some interest thanks to its friendly MPAA rating and the popularity of Hart's stand-up comedy.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For sequences of violence, sexual content, and brief strong language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.