(2014) (Andrew Jacobs, Jorge Diaz) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: Two high school graduates must contend with one of them being afflicted with a supernatural curse.
- It's 2012 and Jesse (ANDREW JACOBS) and his best friend, Hector (JORGE DIAZ), have just graduated from their Oxnard, California high school and are ready to party. But their celebration is eventually interrupted when Jesse's older and reclusive downstairs neighbor, Anna (GLORIA SANDOVAL), is murdered, quite possibly by their classmate, Oscar (CARLOS PRATTS). After getting high one night and long after the police have left the scene, Jesse and Hector decide to let themselves into her place to snoop around. They end up getting spooked out of the place, but not before grabbing a journal filled with supernatural material, something they show to their friend, Marisol (GABRIEL WALSH).
Following that and other entries into Anna's place, Jesse begins to act oddly, first with telekinetic powers and then abrupt and mean changes in his personality. With Marisol and Hector -- who has his video camera running nonstop -- becoming increasingly concerned about what's happening to their friend, more and more strange and spooky things keep piling up all around them.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of any of the earlier "Paranormal Activity" films they probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For pervasive language, some violence, graphic nudity and some drug use.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.