(2014) (Olivia Cooke, Ana Coto) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: Following the apparent suicide death of their friend, a group of high school students try to contact her with a Ouija board, unaware of what they're about to unleash.
- High school students Laine Morris (OLIVIA COOKE) and Debbie Galardi (SHELLEY HENNIG) have been friends since they were kids and used to play with Debbie's Ouija board. When Debbie finds another one of those in her attic and then hangs herself in her home, Laine, along with Debbie's boyfriend, Pete (DOUGLAS SMITH), are devastated. Feeling guilty that she didn't stay with her friend the night before, and desperately needing answers, Laine proposes that she, her boyfriend Trevor (DAREN KAGASOFF), her younger sister Sarah (ANA COTO), and their waitress friend Isabelle (BIANCA SANTOS) use the board to try to contact Debbie.
Joined by Pete in Debbie's home that Laine is house-sitting while her grieving family is away, they use the Ouija board and are shocked to see that it apparently works. But they're terrified to learn that rather than having contacted Debbie's spirit, they've connected with another.
After doing some research, Laine ends up visiting Paulina Zander (LIN SHAYE), a long-institutionalized older woman who formerly lived in Debbie's home with her sister and mother. Hearing what they've done, Paulina informs Laine that evil has been released, a point proved by the unexpected deaths of some of those in their small group. From that point on, Laine tries to resolve the matter before it's too late for her and the rest.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into scary movies, they might.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For disturbing violent content, frightening horror images, and thematic material.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2019 Screen It, Inc.