(2014) (Olivia Cooke, Ana Coto) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: Following the apparent suicide death of their friend, a group of high school students try to contact her with a Ouija board, unaware of what they're about to unleash.
- High school students Laine Morris (OLIVIA COOKE) and Debbie Galardi (SHELLEY HENNIG) have been friends since they were kids and used to play with Debbie's Ouija board. When Debbie finds another one of those in her attic and then hangs herself in her home, Laine, along with Debbie's boyfriend, Pete (DOUGLAS SMITH), are devastated. Feeling guilty that she didn't stay with her friend the night before, and desperately needing answers, Laine proposes that she, her boyfriend Trevor (DAREN KAGASOFF), her younger sister Sarah (ANA COTO), and their waitress friend Isabelle (BIANCA SANTOS) use the board to try to contact Debbie.
Joined by Pete in Debbie's home that Laine is house-sitting while her grieving family is away, they use the Ouija board and are shocked to see that it apparently works. But they're terrified to learn that rather than having contacted Debbie's spirit, they've connected with another.
After doing some research, Laine ends up visiting Paulina Zander (LIN SHAYE), a long-institutionalized older woman who formerly lived in Debbie's home with her sister and mother. Hearing what they've done, Paulina informs Laine that evil has been released, a point proved by the unexpected deaths of some of those in their small group. From that point on, Laine tries to resolve the matter before it's too late for her and the rest.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into scary movies, they might.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For disturbing violent content, frightening horror images, and thematic material.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.