(2014) (Aaron Paul, Imogen Poots) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action: A young man leads a high speed chase across the country to enter an illegal but high-stakes race he hopes will help avenge the death of his friend at the hands of his top competitor.
- Tobey Marshall (AARON PAUL) is a blue collar mechanic who lives in the small town of Mount Kisco, New York and has inherited his father's auto garage. When he and his friends -- Benny (SCOTT MESCUDI), Finn (RAMI MALEK), Joe (RAMON RODRIGUEZ) and Pete (HARRISON GILBERTSON) -- aren't scraping by working on cars, they're entering illegal races with Tobey behind the wheel and Benny serving as his eyes in the sky, watching out for traffic and cops.
The most famous racer from Mount Kisco, however, is Tobey's rival, Dino Brewster (DOMINIC COOPER), who not only stole away his girlfriend and Pete's sister, Anita (DAKOTA JOHNSON), but was also a successful Indy racer and now runs his own business. Realizing Tobey's gift with cars, he offers him the chance to rebuild a legendary Ford Mustang in exchange for a cut of the future sale of it. Underwater financially, Tobey reluctantly agrees, with British car buyer Julia Maddon (IMOGEN POOTS) eventually getting a look at the finished product for her buyer. But Tobey and Dino's rivalry isn't finished, and an impromptu race with them and another man results in Dino causing that man's death but allows the blame to be pinned on Tobey.
Two years later, Tobey is released from prison intent on avenging his friend's death. Knowing that Dino will be racing in a secret and illegal but high-stakes race put together by a racing mastermind known as the Monarch (MICHAEL KEATON), Tobey -- with Julia as his unlikely and initially unwelcome passenger -- sets out on a high speed sprint across the country. From that point on, and eluding the law along the way, he knows he must make a scene to grab Monarch's attention and be invited to the big race.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into movies about driving cars fast (or are fans of anyone in the cast) they probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For sequences of reckless street racing, disturbing crash scenes, nudity and crude language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.