(2014) (Jon Hamm, Suraj Sharma) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A down-on-his-luck sports agent travels to India in hopes of finding two cricket players that he can turn into Major League baseball pitchers who he'll then represent.
- J.B. Bernstein (JON HAMM) and his business partner Ash (AASIF MANDVI) once represented some of the biggest sports stars in the U.S. But after striking out on their own with their company, Seven Figures Management, things haven't been as rosy or lucrative. In fact, their endeavor is running out of money, a predicament exacerbated by losing a top potential football client to a rival firm.
Desperate, J.B. concocts the idea to hold tryouts across India to find cricket bowlers who they might be able to turn into Major League baseball pitchers. With financial backing by businessman Will Chang (TZI MA) who sees a potential lucrative market in India, J.B. heads to that country with the less than enthused veteran scout, Ray (ALAN ARKIN), to travel across the vast lands to find prospects.
With Vivek (DARSHAN JARIWALA) helping run the temporary office in Mumbai, and with local baseball enthusiast Emit (PITOBASH) offering to assist for free, J.B. and his ragtag crew start holding tryouts across the country, with the winner guaranteed $100,000 with the chance of getting $1 million if they're signed with a Major League baseball team.
The two top winners are Rinku Singh (SURAJ SHARMA) and Dinesh Patel (MADHUR MITTAL) who are then flown to the U.S. where they end up living with J.B., much to the amusement of his doctor tenant, Brenda (LAKE BELL). With the aid of USC pitching coach Tom House (BILL PAXTON), J.B. has less than a year to get them ready for their big tryout, a proposition few believe will be successful.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- They might if they're fans of baseball-related movies, those having something to do with India, or if they're fans of anyone in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For mild language and some suggestive content.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.