(2014) (Scarlett Johansson, Morgan Freeman) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action: A young woman must contend with being given a synthetic drug that unleashes the full power of her brain.
- Lucy (SCARLETT JOHANSSON) is a young woman living in Taiwan who's been seeing Richard (PILOU ASBAEK) for a week when she learns that he delivers locked briefcases to a particular hotel for large sums of cash. He doesn't want to return and thus asks her to deliver his latest briefcase, but when she refuses, he cuffs the case to her wrist.
Once inside the hotel, she asks for Mr. Jang (MIN-SIK CHOI), is abducted by his men, and soon learns of the briefcase's content. It's a synthetic version of the drug CPH4 and she and several other drug mules have packets of the blue stuff surgically inserted into their abdomens.
After a run-in with a thug, the bag inside her bursts and releases the drug that immediately increases the active percentage of how much of her brain is used. Suddenly equipped with super intelligence and various physical gifts, she gets French policeman Pierre Del Rio (AMR WAKED) to accompany her as she seeks out Professor Norman (MORGAN FREEMAN), a renowned theorist about the human brain and its capacity.
As her percentages keep increasing, she must contend with the changes that brings about in her body and mind, all while Mr. Jang seeks to get revenge on her.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Those into R-rated actions, who might be enticed by the outlandish premise, or who are fans of Johansson or others in the film might be interested.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For strong violence, disturbing images, and sexuality.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.