(2014) (Jake Johnson, Damon Wayans Jr.) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action Comedy: Two L.A. losers find a lot of fun and self-worth in impersonating police officers, until they are targeted by a local crime syndicate.
- Ryan (JAKE JOHNSON) and Justin (DAMON WAYANS JR.) are a couple of losers who moved from Ohio to Los Angeles together eight years ago and vowed to move back if they hadn't "made it big" by the time they are 30. Ryan is a former college quarterback whose pro career never got started due to an injury. He has failed to make it as an actor, having only found work in a herpes commercial. Justin, meanwhile, dreams of designing the next great video game. But so far, all he has really excelled at the gaming company he works for is taking notes during meetings.
One night, the two downtrodden thirty-year-olds attend a masquerade party dressed as cops. While walking the streets afterwards, they are shocked at the looks attractive women give them, the space even the toughest strangers give them, and the good feelings they get just by being fake law enforcement officers. Justin even impresses the pretty waitress, Josie (NINA DOBREV), he has always liked. But Ryan can't help himself. He also sees an opportunity to get back at the goons who hit his car and then drove away without exchanging insurance information.
Unfortunately, those guys are enforcers for a local crime boss, Mossi (JAMES D'ARCY), and the crooked cop Brolin (ANDY GARCIA) who is the brains behind the syndicate. Ryan and Justin try and enlist an actual cop named Segars (ROB RIGGLE), who won't believe otherwise that they are deep undercover, and a crazy hoodlum named Pupa (KEEGAN-MICHAEL KEY). But nothing can stop an inevitable clash with Brolin, Mossi, and their henchmen.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens may have some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language including sexual references, some graphic nudity, violence, and drug use.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.