(2014) (Keanu Reeves, Michael Nyqvist) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action: After Russian thugs kill his puppy and steal his car, a retired assassin returns to his former killing ways as he sets out to get revenge on those who wronged him.
- At one time, John Wick (KEANU REEVES) was a highly effective and feared assassin, but he then retired from that life to lead a regular one with his wife in New Jersey. After she gets sick and dies from an illness, all he has left of her is a puppy she sent to him as her final gift. His love for the dog is short-lived, however, when a Russian mobster's son, Iosef (ALFIE ALLEN), arrives at John's home with two thugs to steal his car. Along with doing that and beating him up, they also kill the puppy.
When Iosef's father, Viggo Tarasov (MICHAEL NYQVIST), hears of this, he's fully aware of what his son has unleashed. When a number of hitmen end up dead while trying to contain the former killer, Viggo puts out a $2 million contract on Wick, and hires the killer's long-time associate, Marcus (WILLEM DAFOE), to do the job. But the hit is open to all, thus meaning the alluring but deadly assassin Ms. Perkins (ADRIANNE PALICKI) also wants in on the action. All John wants is revenge on Iosef and his thugs, and the body count quickly escalates as he sets out to find and kill those responsible.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into hard-hitting action flicks or are fans of Reeves or anyone else in the cast, they might show some interest in this offering.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For strong and bloody violence throughout, language and brief drug use.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.