(2014) (Chris Pine, Kevin Costner) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action: Tom Clancy's CIA analyst Jack Ryan is sent on a mission to foil a Russian plot to devalue the U.S. dollar and collapse the world economy.
- Following the events of Sept. 11, 2001, brilliant college student Jack Ryan (CHRIS PINE) enlists in the U.S. Marines and is gruesomely injured in a helicopter crash in Afghanistan. During his long recovery, Jack meets two people who will become important in his life. The first is Cathy (KEIRA KNIGHTLEY), a young med student who helps him walk again. The second is Thomas Harper (KEVIN COSTNER), a U.S. government operative who recruits Jack into the CIA.
Ryan is placed in a major global Wall Street firm and assigned to monitor financial transactions for suspected terrorist funding activities. Flash-forward a decade later, Jack is engaged to Cathy and a bigwig at the financial firm. He uncovers a series of transactions that lead him to believe that Russia is spearheading a covert plot to devalue the American dollar and crash the world economy.
Jack is sent to Moscow to meet with investment mogul Viktor Cherevin (KENNETH BRANAGH), who he suspects is the mastermind of this plot. Jack's suspicions prove true, as Viktor reveals himself to be a Cold Warrior bent on returning his country to superpower status and plunging America into a second Great Depression with the help of an enigmatic sleeper agent named Aleksandr (ALEC UTGOFF) back in the United States. Matters are complicated when Cathy shows up at his hotel and threatens to scuttle the whole covert operation.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens may have some interest due to the younger take on the Ryan character and his future wife.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For sequences of violence and intense action and brief strong language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.