(2014) (Chloe Grace Moretz, Jamie Blackley) PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A comatose teenager drifts between life and death after being a passenger in a terrible car crash.
- Mia Hall (CHLOE GRACE MORETZ) is a high-school junior who aspires to be a great concert cellist. She has dreams of going to Julliard and eventually performing live in large venues. Her world is turned upside down when Adam (JAMIE BLACKLEY), a senior classmate with an up-and-coming rock n' roll band, takes a liking to her. They fall in love just as Adam's star is on the rise on the Portland music scene. He and his band start to book tour dates in other cities, which causes friction in their love relationship.
Mia's world is then thrown into tragic turmoil when a car she is a passenger in is hit by another vehicle on an icy stretch of road. The crash kills her mother, Kat (MIREILLE ENOS), and her father, Denny (JOSHUA LEONARD), and leaves her little brother, Teddy (JAKOB DAVIES), fighting for his life. Mia has an extended out-of-body experience that begins at the crash scene, continues in the hospital, and eventually includes brief trips back in time to events that have impacted her life.
She eventually begins to suspect that it might be her choice whether to wake up from the coma she is in and live a life without her family or move on to the next phase of existence. As she struggles with the choice, she observes all the people still alive who love her, including: a grief-stricken Adam; her best friend, Kim (LIANA LIBERTO); and her beloved Gramps (STACY KEACH).
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Teenagers will definitely be drawn to this because of its young cast and the fact that it is based on a best-selling young adult novel.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For thematic elements and some sexual material.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2019 Screen It, Inc.