(2014) (Jason Bateman, Jason Sudeikis) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: Three friends go into business together, get bilked out of their finances and invention, and then seek revenge.
- Nick (JASON BATEMAN), Kurt (JASON SUDEIKIS), and Dale (CHARLIE DAY) are three friends who once plotted to kill their respective bad bosses. Their bumbling ways got them into hot water with the police. But, ultimately, they never were able to go through with their plan. A couple of years later, they are looking to go into business for themselves and never have bosses again after coming up with a "Shower Buddy" invention that dispenses shampoo, body soap, and water at the same time.
A wealthy retail magnate named Bert Hanson (CHRISTOPH WALTZ) and his arrogant, impulsive son Rex (CHRIS PINE) offer to bankroll their initial development of the product in return for exclusive distribution rights in their stores. Unfortunately, Bert hoodwinks them into developing the initial 100,000 units and then is able to lay claim to their patent. Irate, Nick, Kurt, and Dale seek advice from the only two people they believe can help them: Nick's spectacularly snide and crooked former boss, Dave Harken (KEVIN SPACEY), now in prison; and small-time hoodlum Dean "Mother F*cker" Jones (JAMIE FOXX).
They eventually settle on kidnapping Rex and blackmailing Bert for the hundreds of thousands of dollars he bilked from them. Their harebrained scheme runs into two complications: One, Dale's former dentist boss, Julia (JENNIFER ANISTON), is still on the make and hot for both him and Nick; and two, Rex is overly eager to be the guys' kidnapping victim so he can also bamboozle some money out of his wealthy dad.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens may have some interest, especially if they liked the first film.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For strong, crude sexual content and language throughout.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.