(2014) (Shane Harper, Kevin Sorbo) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A Christian college student is challenged by an atheist Philosophy professor to prove the existence of God or risk a failing grade.
- Josh (SHANE HARPER) is a Christian college student who enrolls in a Philosophy 101 course to fulfill an elective requirement. He is warned ahead of time that the instructor, Professor Radisson (KEVIN SORBO), is a hard-core atheist, but goes to class anyway. On the first day, looking to dispense with any theological discussions he deems pointless, Radisson goads the class into signing a note that says "God is dead." Josh refuses, and Radisson challenges him to give three lectures to prove to the class that God exists or risk failing the class. Josh accepts.
Elsewhere on campus, a young Muslim woman named Ayisha (HADEEL SITTU) fears telling her father that she has converted to Christianity; a Chinese exchange student named Martin (PAUL KWO) struggles to embrace his emerging belief in God; Professor Radisson's Christian girlfriend, Mina (CORY OLIVER), is at a crossroads over what she believes and what Radisson doesn't believe; and Internet blogger Amy (TRISHA LaFACHE) is suddenly faced with her own mortality -- and the end of her relationship with callous boyfriend Mark (DEAN CAIN) -- when she is diagnosed with terminal cancer.
Josh, Ayisha, and Mina each seek the counsel of Pastor Dave (DAVID A.R. WHITE), a local ordained minister who has been feeling that he hasn't been making much of a difference lately in his community. Fortunately, a missionary friend named Reverend Jude (BENJAMIN OCHIENG) is in town for a visit, and reminds him that "God is good all the time."
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Christian families will likely take their children to see this PG-rated film, and some Christian teens will likely go on their own.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For thematic material, brief violence, and an accident scene.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.