(2014) (Brad Pitt, Logan Lerman) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama/Action: A U.S. tank crew makes their way behind enemy lines near the end of the European half of WWII.
- It's April 1945 and the Allies have pushed German forces back into Germany, and Sgt. Don "Wardaddy" Collier (BRAD PITT) has lead his Sherman tank crew -- consisting of driver Trini "Gordo" Garcia (MICHAEL PENA), gunner Boyd Swan (SHIA LaBEOUF) and his shell loader, Grady Travis (JON BERNTHAL) -- there all of the way from the earlier battles starting in Africa. But they've lost their assistant driver and machine gunner in their latest battle and aren't particularly happy to see his replacement.
And that's because Norman Ellison (LOGAN LERMAN) has only been in the war for a few weeks and has been trained as a clerk-typist and not a soldier. Nonetheless, Don and his crew head out on their next mission under the orders of Captain Waggoner (JASON ISAACS), and Norman's inexperience is put to the test during an ambush, all of which results in Don forcing him to make his first war kill.
Along the way, they have a brief interlude in a German town where Don takes Norman up to meet a local woman, Irma (ANAMARIA MARINCA), and her daughter, Emma (ALICIA VON RITTBERG), who's about Don's age. When the rest of the team eventually shows up and isn't pleased that Don seems to be favoring Norman, it's uncertain what will happen.
Yet, duty calls and they're off again, this time to defend a vital intersection from approaching German forces. But when their tank breaks down, they must contend with the challenges that and the opposing forces will provide.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- They will if they're into war movies (especially WWII ones) or are big fans of anyone in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For strong sequences of war violence, some grisly images, and language throughout.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.