(2014) (Gabriella Wilde, Alex Pettyfer) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A high school graduate changes her plans for the summer when she falls for a classmate, much to the chagrin of her father.
- 17-year-old Jade Butterfield (GABRIELLA WILDE) has just graduated from high school, but nearly no one would know. That's because following the death of her brother two years ago, she's essentially withdrawn from any social interaction. But fellow graduate David Elliot (ALEX PETTYFER) was and still is fully aware of her, something not lost on his best friend, Mace (DAYO OKENIYI). He ends up introducing himself to Jade, prompting her to invite him to her graduation party. It's there that they briefly end up together in a closet, much to the concern of her doctor father, Hugh (BRUCE GREENWOOD).
With Jade's surviving older brother, Keith (RHYS WAKEFIELD) -- who's dating Sabine (ANNA ENGER) -- majoring in communications, Hugh wants his daughter to follow in his medical footsteps. He's arranged a summer internship for her before she heads off to college, something she's not sure she wants to do now that she's smitten with David who isn't planning on attending college. Instead, he's going to work in the auto shop run by his single father, Harry (ROBERT PATRICK).
None of that sits well with Hugh, although his one-time author wife, Anne (JOELY RICHARDSON), isn't as concerned as she's satisfied simply by seeing Jade happy for the first time in a long time. Also not happy with the new relationship is David's ex-girlfriend, Jenny (EMMA RIGBY), but the new couple's biggest concern lies with Jade's father who seems determined to thwart the relationship no matter the cost that has regarding his relationships with those in his family.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Teenagers are the most likely audience, and many older tween and younger teen girls will probably be interested.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For sexual content, brief partial nudity, some language and teen partying.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.