(2014) (Astro, Teo Halm) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Sci-Fi: A trio of boys follow a signal to the desert where they find an extraterrestrial they try to help get back to his home planet.
- Alex (TEO HALM), Tuck (ASTRO) and Munch (REESE C. HARTWIG) are three boys who are best friends in their Nevada subdivision. They're still at that awkward stage where they don't know how to behave around girls, which is why Tuck lies to his friends that he's previously kissed Emma (ELLA WAHLESTEDT), a classmate of theirs. Their lives are about to be upended, however, due to a freeway that's planned to run through their neighborhood, resulting in their families moving away and the boys being split up.
The week that's going to happen, all of their phones go crazy and feature odd designs on the screens, something they eventually diagnose as a map of some sort leading out to the desert. On their last night together, they plot to ride out there and find what it is, only to discover a small, foreign object partially buried in the sand.
They soon learn that it contains a small extraterrestrial that they deduce crash-landed there and is trying to get back to its ship. Eventually joined by Emma, they attempt to help the alien -- that they've nicknamed Echo -- do just that, but must contend with a group of adults, led by Dr. Lawrence Masden (JASON GRAY-STANFORD), who have other plans for the visitor and his yet to be found spaceship.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into adventurous sci-fi flicks, especially those featuring kids, they probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For some action and peril, and mild language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.