(2014) (Jim Carrey, Jeff Daniels) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: Two dimwitted friends set out to find the daughter one has only just learned about, all in hopes of getting her to donate a kidney to him.
- Lloyd Christmas (JIM CARREY) and Harry Dunne (JEFF DANIELS) are two dimwitted men who've been friends forever, through thick and thin. When they visit Harry's parents in hopes of having one of them donate a kidney to him, they not only learn he was adopted, but also -- via a postcard dated from 22 years ago -- that Harry fathered a child. Thinking his offspring might be a donor match, they visit Fraida Felcher (KATHLEEN TURNER), the girl's mother who states she once tried to contact her daughter, but her letter was returned unopened.
Using the address from that, Lloyd and Harry travel to Maryland but just miss Penny (RACHEL MELVIN) who's headed off to a conference of big minds in El Paso. They learn this from her adoptive father, Dr. Pinchelow (STEVE TOM), who's too ill to travel to that conference, and Penny's stepmother, Adele (LAURIE HOLDEN).
Unbeknownst to Dr. Pinchelow, she's plotting to kill him with the assistance of their handyman, Travis (ROB RIGGLE), who thinks he knows a thing or two about such matters due to having a twin brother, Capt. Lippincott (ROB RIGGLE), who's a Special Ops warrior. With Travis in tow, Lloyd and Harry then set off on a road trip to find Penny and hope that she has a kidney she can donate to Harry.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of the original film, anyone in this one, or stupid comedies, they might show some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For crude and sexual humor, partial nudity, language and some drug references.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.