(2014) (Luke Evans, Sarah Gadon) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action/Horror: The Dracula legend is retold, making Vlad the Impaler a family man who seeks to become a vampire to possess the power to defeat an invading army and save his wife, child, and kingdom.
- Vlad (LUKE EVANS) is a Transylvania prince who rose to power after leading a revolt against the Ottoman Empire. He grew up in the servitude of the Turkish army, but gained a reputation as "Vlad the Impaler" for his ruthless tactics in battle. For years, he has sat on his throne, kept the peace with the Turks, and been a good husband to Mirena (SARAH GADON) and father to young Ingeras (ART PARKINSON).
But the power-hungry Turkish ruler Mehmed (DOMINIC COOPER) wants to resurrect an old policy of conquest, ordering Vlad to hand over 1,000 first-born sons of Transylvania to serve in his army as he prepares to invade Austria and Hungary. Vlad defies this order, risking his kingdom and people. Having led a recent scouting mission on a nearby mountain, he barely survived an attack by a cave-dwelling Master Vampire (CHARLES DANCE) with incredible speed and strength. Vlad knows that the only chance for his family and his people is to become this creature.
Over the objections of his close advisor and clergyman, Brother Lucien (PAUL KAYE), Vlad strikes a deal with the Master Vampire. If Vlad resists his insatiable need to feed on human blood for three days, he will temporarily have all of his speed, strength, and supernatural abilities that can be used to defeat Mehmed and his vastly larger and superior forces. If he can't, he will be doomed to live out eternity as the most fearsome bloodsucker of them all, Dracula.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- The PG-13 rating, action, and special effects may draw in older teens.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For intense sequences of warfare, vampire attacks, disturbing images, and some sensuality.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.