(2014) (Allison Miller, Zach Gilford) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror/Thriller: A young married couple comes back from their honeymoon and is surprised to discover the wife is with child ... and that child may be the Antichrist.
- Samantha (ALLISON MILLER) and Zach (ZACH GILFORD) have just gotten married and are headed to the Dominican Republic for their honeymoon. On their last night, they throw caution to the wind and allow a mysterious Cab Driver (ROGER PAYANO) to take them to a remote dance club where they drink way too much and wake up the next morning back in their hotel suite and have to scramble to make their return flight home in time.
Once back in the States, they are surprised to learn that Sam is pregnant despite being on birth control. Initially overjoyed at the news, their bliss soon turns to fear and dread when Sam begins having very painful contractions, nosebleeds, blackouts, and odd fits of rage. At the First Communion of their niece, the family priest, Father Thomas (SAM ANDERSON), is overcome with dread to the point where he bleeds profusely out of his nostrils and has a stroke all while Sam is a weird catatonic state.
Seeking answers, Zach finally watches the video footage he shot on their honeymoon and is shocked to see snippets of what looks like a Satanic ritual that was performed on Sam during that night they can't remember. Soon, hooded men begin skulking around outside their house. Piles of ash are placed inside and outside the house. And Sam's mental state continues to deteriorate until Zach has no choice but to take action.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens may have some interest due to the popularity of the "found footage" horror niche.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language and some bloody images.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.