(2014) (Jennifer Aniston, Adriana Barraza) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A former lawyer tries to cope with the recent suicide of her friend and fellow chronic pain sufferer.
- Claire Bennett (JENNIFER ANISTON) was once a lawyer for the ACLU, but following an accident that emotionally and physically scarred her and ultimately destroyed her marriage to fellow lawyer Jason (CHRIS MESSINA), she now spends her days dealing with chronic pain that's left her unable to work. With the help of her caretaker, Silvana (ADRIANA BARRAZA), she goes from her doctor to physical therapy to a support group for those also suffering from chronic pain, but she isn't getting any better.
To make matters worse, a fellow support group member, Nina Collins (ANNA KENDRICK), has recently committed suicide, thus leaving her husband, Roy (SAM WORTHINGTON), alone to care for their young son, Casey (EVAN O'TOOLE). Claire has nightmares and hallucinations about interacting with Nina who seems to encourage her to follow in her footsteps of stopping her pain forever, which eventually causes Claire to come to know Roy and realize he's suffering through emotional pain just like her. As they try to deal with that, Claire must decide if her life is worth living.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Unless they're fans of Aniston or someone else in the cast, it doesn't seem too likely.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language, substance abuse and brief sexuality.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.