(2014) (Nicole Kidman, Colin Firth) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Thriller: A woman wakes up with amnesia every morning and begins to wonder if her husband is lying to her.
- Christine (NICOLE KIDMAN) is a 40-year-old amnesiac woman who wakes up every morning with no memory of her marriage to Ben (COLIN FIRTH). Ben seems like a kindly, patient, and understanding spouse dealing with a most difficult circumstance. But we gradually come to learn that he is not being completely truthful with her about events of the recent and not-so-recent past. For instance, he tells her that she lost her memory due to a car accident. She comes to learn that it was the result of a brutal assault. He neglects to tell her that they actually divorced four years earlier and that they had lost a son at an early age to meningitis.
Meanwhile, Christine gets help each day on the sly from Dr. Mike Nasch (MARK STRONG), a psychiatrist who finds her case fascinating. He tells her to start keeping a daily video journal that she can watch each morning after her husband leaves for work that will give her an update on all of the things she learned from the previous day. He calls her each morning, introduces himself, then tells her to retrieve the camera from her secret hiding place in the house. But he has a brooding, mysterious way about him, and he is sometimes too quick with a psychological explanation for nearly everything Christine experiences.
Christine's memory is further tested when she becomes aware of a best friend named Claire (ANNE-MARIE DUFF), who has information that directly contradicts what Ben has been telling her. Their meeting points Christine in new directions as she struggles to figure out what's true, what's false, and what might place her in harm's way once again.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- There is very little appeal to even older teens, unless they are just fans of Kidman and Firth from their past films.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For some brutal violence and language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.