(2014) (Documentary) (G)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Documentary: A year in the life of a mama bear and her two cubs in the wilds of Alaska is chronicled.
- SKY is a female grizzly bear who awakens from her long hibernation and begins a long and arduous trek across the Alaskan wilderness to find food for herself and her two cubs. Her male cub is named SCOUT, and he is curious and adventurous. Her female cub is named AMBER, and she tends to stick much closer to Sky and not get into too much trouble as they journey to a distant shore in search of fish.
Along the way, though, they encounter three main enemies. There is a dominant male bear named MAGNUS, who is bigger and stronger than pretty much all of the other bears around and often bullies his way at the various feeding grounds. There is a rogue male bear named CHINOOK, who has been banished from most of the feeding grounds for being a troublemaker. He has his sights set on Sky's two cubs as possible food sources. So, too, does TIKAANI, a scheming wolf who seems to be tracking the momma bear and her young.
Sky also has to deal with the elements as she looks for a place narrator JOHN C. REILLY calls the "Golden Pond." There, the salmon are extremely plentiful and Sky can feast to the point where she builds back up enough fat to last her through another hibernation in which she will provide nourishment for Amber and Scout.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Yes. The Disneynature documentary series has proven quite popular with young kids who are into nature and wildlife.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: G
- For not containing material to warrant a higher rating.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.