(2014) (Quvenzhane Wallis, Jamie Foxx) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Musical: A down-on-her-luck foster child is taken in by a billionaire running for Mayor of New York City.
- Annie (QUVENZHANE WALLIS) is a foster child in New York City, who lives under the thumb of a spectacularly mean foster mom named Miss Hannigan (CAMERON DIAZ). She shares a room with four other girls -- Tessie (ZOE MARGARET COLLETTI), Pepper (AMANDA TROYA), Mia (NICOLETTE PIERINI), and Isabella (EDEN DUNCAN-SMITH) -- but sneaks out every Friday evening to the Italian restaurant where her birth parents abandoned her as a baby years earlier. They left a note saying that they hope to reunite with her one day when they are better able to care for her. But they have never showed.
One day, Annie finds herself trying to rescue a stray dog when she is nearly hit by a vehicle, but saved at the last instant by Will Stacks (JAMIE FOXX). The billionaire cell-phone magnate is running for Mayor of New York City, but is trailing badly in the polls. When a YouTube video surfaces of Stacks saving Annie's life, Will's crooked campaign manager, Guy (BOBBY CANNAVALE), and Will's kind-hearted executive assistant, Grace (ROSE BYRNE), see an opportunity to humanize their rather awkward, elitist, germaphobic candidate. They convince him to take Annie in.
Soon, Annie is charming all of the five boroughs and Will pulls ahead in the polls. Guy goes in for the kill by teaming with Hannigan to hire two impostors to play Annie's "parents" and reclaim her as their daughter. But by that point, the question becomes: "Is her bond with Will too strong?"
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Yes. "Annie," even in its revisionist form, remains one of the great musical to appeal to children due to its young star and numerous child supporting players.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For some mild language and rude humor.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.