(2014) (Marlon Wayans, Jamie Pressly) (R)
- The following is an unedited version of our final review that may contain spelling, grammatical, and/or factual errors. This film was not screened in advance for reviewers.
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: A man must contend with paranormal events when he moves into a woman's house with her kids in this parody of recent horror films.
- A year after his possessed girlfriend, Kisha (ESSENCE ATKINS), was left for dead in a car accident he suffered along with his brother, Ray-Ray (AFFION CROCKETT), Malcolm Johnson (MARLON WAYANS) has gotten on with his life. He's moved into a nice neighborhood with his girlfriend, Megan (JAIME PRESSLY), and her two kids, moody teenager Becky (ASHLEY RICKARDS) and her younger brother Wyatt (STEELE STEBBINS). It's not long, however, before things start going bump in the night, and day.
After having sex with a creepy female doll, Malcolm can't seem to get rid of the apparently possessed object; Becky becomes obsessed with a small wooden box, and Wyatt seems to have a ghost friend named Tony, all while Megan is oblivious to all of that. Desperate, Malcolm turns to a number of people for help, starting with his neighbor Miguel (GABRIEL IGLESIAS).
When that doesn't work, he seeks out fallen priest Father Williams (CEDRIC THE ENTERTAINER), professor Wilde (RICK OVERTON), and eventually the married psychic investigator team of Ned (HAYES MACARTHUR)and Noreen (MISSI PYLE), all while dealing with continued paranormal activity and the development of Becky ending up possessed.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they enjoyed the first film in this series or really bad parody films, they might show some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For crude and sexual content, nudity, pervasive language, drug use and some violent images.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.