(2014) (Sullivan Stapleton, Eva Green) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action: A Greek naval commander tries to rally his men to battle and ward off a Persian invasion to save their country.
- It's 480 B.C. and Persian king Xerxes (RODRIGO SANTORO) is intent on ruling all lands but must contend with Spartan king Leonidas (GERARD BUTLER) and his small but formidable army of 300 men who battle the much larger Persian army on land. At the same time, Xerxes' naval commander, the Greek-born but now Greek-hating Artemisia (EVA GREEN), has plans to destroy the Greek fleet, something that doesn't sit well with Themistokles (SULLIVAN STAPLETON). He's the Greek leader who years earlier killed Xerxes' father-king in battle and thus indirectly caused the transformation of that warrior into the god-king he's now become.
While Themistokles can't convince Queen Gorgo (LENA HEADEY) of Sparta to commit forces to help them battle the Persians, he is able to assemble an array of farm hands, artists and such who now battle by his side. That includes the father-son duo of Scyllias (CALLAN MULVEY) and Calisto (JACK O'CONNELL). Outnumbered in terms of both ships and men, Themistokles nevertheless sails into battle against the ruthless Artemisia and her fleet, with the future of Greece hanging in the balance.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they liked the original "300," they probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For strong sustained sequences of stylized bloody violence throughout, a sex scene, nudity and some language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.