(2014) (Mark Hapka, Bram Hoover) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A high school football player tries to return to his team despite suddenly being stricken with irreversible, complete blindness.
- Travis Freeman (MARK HAPKA) and Jerry Baker (BRAM HOOVER) have been best friends and teammates since their early days playing pee-wee football back when Ashley (ALEXA VEGA) was even on their squad. They're now the star combo on the Corbin High School football team, much to delight of athletic director Jasper A. Duncan (TIMOTHY BUSFIELD) who's hoping for another championship, something that's been a long time coming. Yet, while Jerry is the quarterback, Travis has always gotten all of the recognition as the receiver, and the attention of Molly (CRYSTAL HUNT), one of the school's cheerleaders.
And then, much to the shock of everyone involved, Travis is stricken with a bacterial infection that renders him permanently blind, much to the concern of his parents, Mary (KIM ZIMMER) and Larry Freeman (DYLAN BAKER). With the help of visual impairment mobility coach Patty Wheatley (BECKY ANN BAKER), Travis learns how to adapt and get on with his life, unlike Jerry who's eventually benched due to poor play on the field and drinking off it.
Hoping to give his suddenly flailing team a boost, Coach Farris (STEPHEN LANG) comes up with the unorthodox idea to bring Travis back onto the team, this time as the center. That doesn't sit well with the current player in that position, Cameron Marshall (MAX ADLER), or his father (SCOTT SOWERS). Jasper is also against the idea, but Patty confronts him with the legal ramifications of banning Travis from the team. From that point on, and with the help of those around him, Travis tries to adapt to his new role on the team as well as his overall condition.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Those into movies about football might show some interest, especially if the storyline seems intriguing to them.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For some teen drinking.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.