(2014) (Jonah Hill, Channing Tatum) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action-Comedy: Two buddy cops go undercover on a college campus to bring down a crime ring.
- Officers Schmidt (JONAH HILL) and Jenko (CHANNING TATUM) return as undercover cops working for a special program that infiltrates high schools and roots out criminal activity. Now deemed too old looking to pass as high school-age young males, the duo are assigned by Captain Dickson (ICE CUBE) to pose as college students at a local university to investigate the rise of a new drug called "WhyPhy." A young female student was believed killed because of the drug and Schmidt and Jenko are ordered to find the dealer.
Schmidt is surprised when Jenko immediately bonds with campus jocks Zook (WYATT RUSSELL) and Rooster (JIMMY TATRO). One of them even sports a tattoo seen in a grainy surveillance photo believed to feature the mysterious dealer. Jenko, though, starts to have too much fun playing on the college football team and lifting weights with the two suspects and tries to convince Schmidt and himself that they are not involved.
Meanwhile, Schmidt gets involved in a romance with pretty Art major Maya (AMBER STEVENS), who is now sharing a dorm room with Mercedes (JILLIAN BELL), the acerbic former roommate of the dead girl. Things become complicated when Schmidt follows a lead and discovers that the main supplier of WhyPhy on campus is a ruthless criminal named The Ghost (PETER STORMARE) who he and Jenko have had a run-in with in the past.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Despite the R rating, teens will definitely have interest due to the two stars, the college setting, and the popularity of the first film.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language throughout, sexual content, drug material, brief nudity, and some violence.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.