(2013) (Sharni Vinson, Nicholas Tucci) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror/Suspense: A family get-together at a remote vacation home turns into a nightmare when masked men suddenly attack them.
- Crispian Davison (AJ BOWEN) and his new girlfriend, Erin (SHARNI VINSON), have arrived at the remote vacation home of his parents, Paul (ROB MORAN) and Aubrey (BARBARA CRAMPTON), to celebrate their 35th anniversary. They're soon followed by Crispian's brothers, Drake (JOE SWANBERG) -- who's married to Kelly (SARAH MYERS) -- and Felix (NICHOLAS TUCCI) -- who's arrived with his girlfriend Zee (WENDY GLENN) -- and their sister, Aimee (AMY SEIMETZ) and her boyfriend Tariq (TI WEST).
It's been a long time since the entire family has been together and it doesn't take long for Crispian and Drake to squabble during dinner. It's during that, however, that Tariq notices something outside, goes to look out the window, and is hit in the head with a crossbow arrow.
Everyone else takes cover, but Drake ends up shot in the shoulder with the same. The rest of the family, unaware that the couple in the house down the road was previously slain, then realize there's not just one killer after them, but multiple ones, including one who's already inside the house.
From that point on, they do what they can to survive, all while Erin somewhat takes charge due to her upbringing that's prepared her for something similar to this.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into horror films that play on the slasher and/or home invasion sub-genres, they very well might be interested.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For strong bloody violence, language and some sexuality/nudity.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.