(2013) (Brad Pitt, Mireille Enos) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action/Horror: A retired U.N. specialist is called back into action as he's tasked to find a way to stop a zombie apocalypse that's overrun most of Earth.
- Gerry Lane (BRAD PITT) is a former U.N. specialist with a history of dealing with hairy hot spots around the world. But now he's retired and enjoying the home life with his wife, Karen (MIREILLE ENOS), and their two young daughters, Constance (STERLING JERINS) and Rachel (ABIGAIL HARGROVE).
That idyllic world comes to a grinding halt while driving through downtown Philly when zombies suddenly overrun the city. Gerry and his family barely make it to safety in the apartment of a boy, Tomas (FABRIZIO ZACHAREE GUIDO), and his family, where they wait until the morning when Gerry's former boss, Dept. Secretary General of the U.N. Thierry Umutoni (FANA MOKOENA), can send a chopper in to rescue them.
Once onboard a Navy aircraft carrier serving as the U.S. government's command post, Gerry learns that the President is dead, the VP missing, and most of the country along with the rest of the world overrun by zombies. With Thierry giving Gerry the ultimatum of returning to active duty or else be kicked off the ship with his family, the specialist reluctantly heads back into action to look for a way to stop the outbreak.
Traveling from there to South Korea, Jerusalem -- where he's joined by Israeli soldier Segen (DANIELLA KERTESZ) -- and Wales, Gerry does what he can to avoid the zombies, all while searching for a cure to end the pandemic.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of Pitt and/or zombie films, they probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For intense frightening zombie sequences, violence and disturbing images.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.