(2013) (voices of Ryan Reynolds, Paul Giamatti) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Animated Action: A garden snail who dreams of racing in the Indy 500 gets his wish through a series of extraordinary circumstances.
- Turbo (voice of RYAN REYNOLDS) is a garden snail who has literally moved at a snail's pace all of his life. But he dreams of having great speed and even racing in the Indy 500 one day -- a dream his pessimistic brother, Chet (voice of PAUL GIAMATTI), constantly tries to squash. Most days, they and the other snails do their best to avoid landscapers' lawn mowers and the naughty neighborhood Big Wheel Boy (voice of AIDAN ANDREWS) who lives only to crush bugs under his tricycle. During one night of despair, Turbo crawls away from the vegetable garden where he and the other snails live. Through a series of misadventures and close calls with oncoming traffic, he winds up in the engine of a nitrous-fueled drag racing car. He emerges changed and can suddenly run at speeds of over 200 miles an hour.
He and Chet are discovered by Tito (voice of MICHAEL PENA), who operates a taco business with his sensible brother, Angelo (voice of LUIS GUZMAN), but dreams of getting rich quick. He convinces the other business owners of a local strip mall - hobby shop owner, Bobby (voice of RICHARD JENKINS); auto-body shop operator, Paz (voice of MICHELLE RODRIGUEZ); and nail salon guru, Kim-Ly (voice of KEN JEONG) - to help him fund Turbo's entry into the Indy 500.
Turbo is also helped by a misfit crew of snails who fashion themselves his pit crew. There is the leader, Whiplash (voice of SAMUEL L. JACKSON); Burn (voice of MAYA RUDOLPH), who takes a liking to Chet; friendly rivals Smoove Move (voice of SNOOP DOGG) and Skid Mark (BEN SCHWARTZ); and the White Shadow (voice of MICHAEL PATRICK BELL), who believes he has stealth powers (but he really doesn't). Once at the Indy 500, Turbo is instantly challenged by his idol, Guy Gagne (voice of BILL HADER), a champion driver who does not want to share the spotlight.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For some mild action and thematic elements.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.