(2013) (Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Fantasy-Action: Thor must team up with his imprisoned brother to save his kingdom; his Earthbound girlfriend, Jane; and the rest of the cosmos from an ancient evil.
- Centuries ago, the forces of Asgard did battle with the evil Dark Elves, whose leader, Malekith (CHRISTOPHER ECCLESTON), sought to use a weapon known as the Aether to plunge the nine realms of the universe into darkness. The Dark Elves were defeated, and the Aether was buried and hidden for hundreds of years until Earth scientist Jane Foster (NATALIE PORTMAN) stumbles onto a portal between her world and the Dark World and becomes infected by the gooey substance.
Against the wishes of his father, King Odin (ANTHONY HOPKINS), Thor (CHRIS HEMSWORTH) locates Jane, the love of his life, and brings her to Asgard in an effort to save her from the spreading Aether infection. Soon Thor's kingdom is attacked by a resurrected Malekith. In the attack, Thor's mother, Frigga (RENE RUSSO), is killed and much of Asgard is thrashed.
With the kingdom's defenses down and a grief-stricken Odin wanting only to guard his people from further assaults, Thor decides to take the fight directly to Malekith using the magic and mischief of his imprisoned, yet still power-hungry brother, Loki (TOM HIDDLESTON). Their plan may save the cosmos or doom it to eternal darkness. Meanwhile, back on Earth, Jane's colleagues, Dr. Erik Selvig (STELLAN SKARSGARD) and Darcy Lewis (KAT DENNINGS), try to figure out an interstellar phenomenon known as The Convergence that threatens their world and possibly all worlds.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Yes. The Marvel superhero films have become big draws among children from elementary-school to senior-high age.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For sequences of intense sci-fi action and violence and some suggestive content.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) Take advantage of our Black Friday Membership Sale for a one-year membership,and save $10 off our regular price ($47), AND get 2 EXTRA MONTHS FREE (a Total Savings of more than 32%)! This offer happens only ONCE A YEAR and is only good NOW until midnight, Monday November 30, so don't wait!
You'll get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.