(2013) (Aubrey Plaza, Bill Hader) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: A 1990s era high school graduate sets out to experience all sorts of sexual activities, including losing her virginity, before heading off to college.
- It's 1993 and Brandy Klark (AUBREY PLAZA) has just graduated from her Boise, Idaho high school. Despite being the valedictorian, she's perhaps best known for still being a virgin, something not lost on her more sexually experienced best friends, Fiona (ALIA SHAWKAT) and Wendy (SARAH STEELE).
When her older sister, Amber (RACHEL BILSON), informs Brandy that her upcoming freshman year at Georgetown will be "one big sexual pop quiz," the high school graduate scraps her pre-college to-do list and replaces it with a progressively escalating list of sexual activities she wishes to experience before her first day of college, even if she doesn't yet know what some of them mean.
And where better to start than the various boys who work at the local swimming pool -- managed by Willy (BILL HADER) -- where she gets a summer job as a lifeguard. Among them is her best friend and fellow incoming Georgetown freshman, Cameron (JOHNNY SIMMONS), who secretly confides in his best friend, Duffy (CHRISTOPHER MINTZ-PLASSE), about his attraction to Brandy. There's also Derrick (DONALD GLOVER) and a brief interlude with a visiting rock singer, Van (ANDY SAMBERG), but she has her ultimate sight set on hunky college student Rusty (SCOTT PORTER) being the one to deflower her.
With occasional sexual advice from her mom (CONNIE BRITTON) but far less from her conservative judge dad (CLARK GREGG), and being egging on by her friends and sister, Brandy starts plowing through her long list of sexual activities.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- A sex comedy told from a girl's perspective could be enticing to curious kids of both sexes.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For pervasive strong crude and sexual content including graphic dialogue, drug and alcohol use, and language - all involving teens.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.