<! -- Start Review Content -- > <! -- Start Chart -- >
(2013) (Neil Patrick Harris, Hank Azaria) (PG)
<! -- Start Quick Take -- >
- QUICK TAKE:
- Children's/Family: The Smurfs travel to Paris in an effort to save Smurfette from the clutches of the evil wizard Gargamel, who once again has visions of ruling the world.
- Smurfette (voice of KATY PERRY) is having a bit of an identity crisis. She was originally created by the evil wizard, Gargamel (HANK AZARIA), to infiltrate the magical Smurfs' village to help him wreak havoc on their always-happy land. But Papa Smurf (voice of JONATHAN WINTERS) took the girl in and created a potion that turned her from a gray, evil, mischievous creature into a blue, caring, happy Smurf.
Since his defeat in the first film, Gargamel has remained in our world and become a famous magician, using what little of the Smurf essence he stole from the first film. But he is running out of the magical blue substance. So, he opens a portal between worlds and uses two Smurf-like beings he created called the Naughties, Vexy (voice of CHRISTINA RICCI) and Hackus (voice of J.B. SMOOVE), to kidnap Smurfette in an attempt to learn Papa Smurf's formula and create a Smurf army to do his bidding.
Papa Smurf leads a rescue mission that includes Grouchy Smurf (voice of GEORGE LOPEZ), Clumsy Smurf (voice of ANTON YELCHIN) and Vanity Smurf (voice of JOHN OLIVER). They once again enlist the aid of humans Patrick (NEIL PATRICK HARRIS) and Grace Winslow (JAYMA MAYES) along with Patrick's well-meaning stepfather, Victor (BRENDAN GLEESON). Together, they all travel from New York to France to save Smurfette and stop Gargamel from ruling over both worlds.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Yes, especially children under the age of 10.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For some rude humor and action.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.