(2013) (Ben Stiller, Kristen Wiig) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramedy: A forty-something daydreamer experiences grand adventures and dangers for the first time in his life as he tries to track down the photo that will grace the cover of the last print edition of Life Magazine.
- Walter Mitty (BEN STILLER) is the 42-year-old negative assets manager for Life Magazine in New York who hasn't done much with his life. When not helping his sister, Odessa (KATHRYN HAHN), prepare their mother (SHIRLEY MacLAINE) for a downsizing move, he handles the negatives that come into his office where his employer, Hernando (ADRIAN MARTINEZ), helps work on the pics taken by legendary photographer Sean O'Connell (SEAN PENN).
Unfortunately for them and everyone else there, the magazine has been acquired and corporate hatchet man, Ted (ADAM SCOTT), has arrived to make cuts that go along with the transition from print to digital. Ted isn't sure what to make of Walter, especially when the long-time employee is often lost in his own daydreams of living a more adventurous life.
The lack of that in real life concerns Todd (PATTON OSWALT), a dating website techie who tries to help Walter especially in regard to him trying to attract his new coworker, Cheryl Melhoff (KRISTEN WIIG), a recent divorcee. When Sean's negative for the last cover of Life ends up missing, Walter asks for Cheryl's help and ends up going on an unlikely and adventurous journey while trying to find the photographer and his photograph.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Preteens probably won't, but teens who are fans of anyone in the cast or the story idea might show some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For some crude comments, language and action violence.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.