(2013) (Armie Hammer, Johnny Depp) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action/Adventure: A mid-19th century Texas Ranger and a Comanche Indian become unlikely partners as they try to track down a villain.
- It's 1933 and a boy is wandering through a carnival display about the old West. In that, he finds what he believes to be a wax figure of "the noble savage" but that turns out to be a very aged Comanche Indian, Tonto (JOHNNY DEPP). He then proceeds to tell the boy his tale that takes us back to Colby, Texas in 1869 when railroad executive Lathan Cole (TOM WILKINSON) is continuing the westward expansion of his company's rail line.
On one of those trains is educated lawman John Reid (ARMIE HAMMER) who's returning to his former home town where he once had a thing with Rebecca (RUTH WILSON). She's now married to his Texas Ranger brother, Dan (JAMES BADGE DALE), with whom they have a boy, Danny (BRYANT PRINCE). Dan's waiting for the arrival of the outlaw Butch Cavendish (WILLIAM FICHTNER) -- on that same train and chained next to Tonto (JOHNNY DEPP) -- in order to process and hang him. But Butch's gang shows up, frees him and sets off into the vast wilderness.
Dan deputizes John to assist in his capture, but a resultant shoot-out leaves everyone dead but John who ends up discovered by Tonto. The two become an unlikely and occasionally squabbling team as they try to track down the outlaw, a quest that eventually involves cavalryman Capt. Fuller (BARRY PEPPER) and madam Red Harrington (HELENA BONHAM CARTER) who runs the local brothel.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into action-packed Western-themed movies and/or fans of anyone in the cast, it's a god bet they will want to see it.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For sequences of intense action and violence, and some suggestive material.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.