(2013) (Vince Vaughn, Owen Wilson) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: Two forty-something friends recently laid off as watch salesmen enroll in Google's internship program for a shot at their dream jobs.
- Billy (VINCE VAUGHN) and Nick (OWEN WILSON) are a couple of forty-something watch salesmen who recently lost their jobs when their company folded. Suddenly thrust into a tight job market, they suddenly have to confront the fact that they have limited job skills and are way behind the times when it comes to the latest technology.
Tired of never really getting ahead, Billy convinces Nick to enroll in Google's internship program run by the very serious and demanding Roger Chetty (AASIF MANDVI). Once there, the dozens of interns - almost all of which are 20 years younger than Billy and Nick and are brilliant in their various fields of computers, science, business, and technology - are split into teams of six and pitted against each other in various challenges and competitions.
Billy and Nick's team consists of Google wunderkind, Lyle (JOSH BRENER); the ultra-cynical Stuart (DYLAN O'BRIEN); the home-schooled, overly nervous Yo-Yo (TOBIT RAPHAEL); and the alternately shy and flirty Neha (TIYA SIRCAR). Billy runs afoul of Graham (MAX MINGHELLA), the arrogant captain of a rival team of interns. Nick, meanwhile, falls for Dana (ROSE BYRNE), a Type-A Google executive.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens may be drawn to the film for its main plot and the younger actors in the cast, while those waiting for the reteaming of Vaughn and Wilson might have interest as well.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For sexuality, some crude humor, partying, and language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.