(2013) (Sandra Bullock, Melissa McCarthy) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: A straitlaced but friendless FBI agent clashes with a caustic and coarse Boston detective when they're teamed together to bring down a ruthless drug kingpin.
- Special Agent Sarah Ashburn (SANDRA BULLOCK) is an accomplished FBI agent who's jockeying for her boss' position when he's promoted. The only problem is that no one likes her in or outside of the Bureau, so her boss says that if she can bring down a Boston-based drug kingpin, he'll consider her for the position. Arriving in Beantown, she immediately gets to work with the help of local FBI Agent Levy (MARLON WAYANS) in interrogating drug dealer Rojas (SPOKEN REASONS).
That doesn't sit well, however, with Boston detective Shannon Mullins (MELISSA McCARTHY) whom both the criminals and other cops equally fear. Coarse, unapologetic, brutish and not above abusing suspects to get what she wants, Shannon isn't happy with the FBI agent working her perp. Yet, the two end up as unlikely partners, with Shannon having a vested interest in cracking the case since she worries that her brother, Jason (MICHAEL RAPAPORT) -- who she put in prison for dealing and using drugs but has just been paroled -- might have a connection to the drug lord.
Also interested are DEA agents Craig (DAN BAKKEDAHL) and Adam (TARAN KILLAM) who aren't happy with the ladies invading their turf, while the kingpin's various henchmen, such as the sadistic Julian (MICHAEL McDONALD), likewise want Shannon and Sarah removed from the equation. With the two having to put their substantial differences aside, the FBI agent and Boston detective use their individual as well as combined tactics to track down the kingpin.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- They might if they're fans of either of the stars, "buddy movies" or coarse, R-rated comedies.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For pervasive language, strong crude content and some violence.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.