(2013) (Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: After a criminal kidnaps their friend, three men try to find and return a Chinese gangster whose actions have once again upended their lives.
- Having previously survived wild bachelor parties in both Las Vegas and Thailand where they ended up managing to lose their friend Doug (JUSTIN BARTHA), Stu (ED HELMS), Phil (BRADLEY COOPER) and Doug have decided it's time for an intervention regarding their friend and Doug's brother-in-law, Alan (ZACH GALIFIANAKIS). He's a passive-aggressive man-child who still lives at home with his parents and has been off his meds for half a year. Following his father's death, they set out for a treatment facility where they're going to going to drop him off.
Before they get there, however, they're intercepted by Marshall (JOHN GOODMAN) and his goons. He's upset because a Chinese gangster, Mr. Chow (KEN JEONG), previously stole millions of dollars worth of gold bars from him. Having heard Chow recently escaped from prison, and knowing that the four men know him, Marshall kidnaps Doug and threatens to kill him in several days if they don't find Chow and return him and the gold.
Learning that Chow is headed for Mexico, the three men arrive in Tijuana with plans of drugging and kidnapping Chow. But the criminal outwits them, a development that eventually leads them back to Las Vegas where they hope to meet Marshall's deadline before it's too late for their friend.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of the first two films, they probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For pervasive language including sexual references, some violence and drug content, and brief graphic nudity.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.