(2013) (Leonardo DiCaprio, Tobey Maguire) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: An unassuming young man gets pulled into the roaring twenties world of the wealthy when a mysterious millionaire wants to rekindle his romance with the man's married and equally rich cousin.
- It's 1922 and former aspiring writer Nick Carraway (TOBEY MAGUIRE) has moved into a small house in the town of West Egg on Long Island across the bay from his cousin, Daisy Buchanan (CAREY MULLIGAN), who lives in East Egg with her wealthy husband, Tom (JOEL EDGERTON), who went to college with Nick in years past. Nick has moved there so that he can commute into Manhattan as a bond salesman and enjoys being reunited with his cousin and meeting her famous golfer friend, Jordan Baker (ELIZABETH DEBICKI).
She knows Nick's next door neighbor, millionaire socialite Jay Gatsby (LEONARDO DiCAPRIO) who throws elaborate parties where anyone and everyone is invited. No one really knows anything about Gatsby, including his business partner Meyer Wolfsheim (AMITABH BACHCHAN), but the nebulous figure has an interest in Nick. And that's because Gatsby once dated Daisy long before she met Tom, and he now wants back into her life. She's surprised but happy to see him again, no doubt stemming from the fact she knows Tom's had lovers in the past.
In fact, Nick ends up meeting one of them, Myrtle Wilson (ISLA FISHER), the wife of a gas station owner, George (JASON CLARKE), in a poor town on the way from East Egg into Manhattan. As Gatsby tries to win over a confused and unsure Daisy, Nick gets caught up in both that melodrama as well as the trappings of the roaring twenties.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of anyone in the cast they might. Otherwise, it's likely a toss-up.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For some violent images, sexual content, smoking, partying and brief language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) Take advantage of our Black Friday Membership Sale for a one-year membership,and save $10 off our regular price ($47), AND get 2 EXTRA MONTHS FREE (a Total Savings of more than 32%)! This offer happens only ONCE A YEAR and is only good NOW until midnight, Monday November 30, so don't wait!
You'll get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.