(2013) (Robert De Niro, Michelle Pfeiffer) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action Comedy: A mafia family can't stop resorting to their old ways when they are sent to France in the witness relocation program.
- Giovanni Manzoni (ROBERT De NIRO) is a former New York gangster who snitched on his mob superiors to the Feds and is now forced to live in Witness Relocation in France, under the watchful eye of Agent Robert Stansfield (TOMMY LEE JONES) and his assistants Di Cicco (JIMMY PALUMBO) and Caputo (DOMENICK LOMBARDOZZI). With him are his equally mobbed-up wife, Maggie (MICHELLE PFEIFFER), his whip-smart teenage son, Warren (JOHN D'LEO), and his blossoming teenage daughter, Belle (DIANNA AGRON).
In their small French town near Normandy, though, the Manzonis can't help being who they are. Giovanni resorts to mob-style violence to handle problems with the local mayor and plumber. Maggie torches a grocery store whose manager and customers insult her. Warren turns the local high school into his own personal organized crime ring. And Maggie falls in love with her math tutor between beating fellow students -- who get in her way -- to a pulp.
Giovanni also poses a threat because he hopes to write his memoirs while in isolation and further expose the mob and even his government handlers. Eventually, the Manzonis blow their cover and jailed mobster Don Mimino (DOMINIC CHIANESE) sends a hit team to kill the family.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens may have some interest in the film, especially with Dianna Agron of "Glee" cast as De Niro's daughter.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For violence, language, and brief sexuality.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.