(2013) (Brit Marling, Alexander Skarsgard) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramatic Thriller: A risk assessment employee infiltrates an eco-terrorist group in hopes of gathering enough evidence to shut them down.
- Sarah Moss (BRIT MARLING) is a former FBI agent who's taken a job working for Hiller Brood, a top-secret intelligence firm that provides highly detailed risk assessment for big corporations and their executives. Telling her live-in boyfriend Tim (JASON RITTER) that she's headed to Dubai, Sarah is actually following the orders of her steely boss, Sharon (PATRICIA CLARKSON), and sticking close to their D.C. home. She's tasked with finding and infiltrating members of an eco-terrorist group known as The East. They behave in a sort of eye-for-an-eye payback mindset regarding making executives suffer at the hands of their own corporate wrong-doings, usually revolving around deaths or serious injuries incurred by others from their products.
After some undercover work, Sarah eventually meets Luca (SHILOH FERNANDEZ) and he introduces her to their group and its cult-like leader, Benji (ALEXANDER SKARSGÅRD), in their cabin in the woods. Most of the other members, including Doc (TOBY KEBBELL), Thumbs (ALDIS HODGE), Tess (DANIELLE MACDONALD) and Eve (HILLARY BAACK) welcome or at least tolerate Sarah. But not Izzy (ELLEN PAGE), the most radical member of the group who's wary of this sudden outsider.
Nevertheless, Benji includes Sarah in the group and she's eventually taken on her first eco-terrorist "jam," a bit of payback that threatens to harm innocent bystanders. From that point on, Sarah must figure out how to proceed within the group, particularly as she seemingly begins to adopt some of their mindset, and especially as she finds herself increasingly drawn to Benji.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens might show some interest, particularly if they're fans of anyone in the cast or find the premise intriguing.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For thematic elements, violence, some disturbing images, sexual content and partial nudity.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) Take advantage of our Black Friday Membership Sale for a one-year membership,and save $10 off our regular price ($47), AND get 2 EXTRA MONTHS FREE (a Total Savings of more than 32%)! This offer happens only ONCE A YEAR and is only good NOW until midnight, Monday November 30, so don't wait!
You'll get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.