<! -- Start Review Content -- > <! -- Start Chart -- >
(2013) (Michael Fassbender, Javier Bardem) (R)
<! -- Start Quick Take -- >
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramatic Thriller: A lawyer's life unravels when things go wrong after he gets involved in the drug trade in hopes of making a lot of fast money.
- A never identified lawyer known only as the Counselor (MICHAEL FASSBENDER) would seem to have it all -- a good lifestyle and enough money to fly to Amsterdam and rent a Bentley to select a large engagement ring diamond for his girlfriend, Laura (PENELOPE CRUZ). Yet, he's in need of or at least desirous of a lot of fast money and thus asks his client-friend Reiner (JAVIER BARDEM) to get him in on a lucrative deal. With several pet cheetahs, an expensive sports car and an exotic girlfriend in the form of Malkina (CAMERON DIAZ), Reiner is living a lavish lifestyle.
Yet, he warns the Counselor that if he gets involved with a large shipment of cocaine, he needs to be prepared for moral dilemmas he couldn't have imagined. That's pretty much the same advice given to the Counselor by Reiner's middle-man contact, Westray (BRAD PITT), who tries to advise the lawyer to back away from the deal.
Undeterred, he opts in and the drugs start the beginning of their journey hidden in a septic truck. But little does the Counselor realize that an act of kindness -- bailing the adult son of his imprisoned client, Ruth (ROSIE PEREZ), out of jail -- will soon have his life and that of others unraveling.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Some older teens might be interested, especially if they're fans of anyone in the cast. Otherwise, I just don't see a lot of kids wanting to see it.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For graphic violence, some grisly images, strong sexual content and language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.