(2013) (Michael Fassbender, Javier Bardem) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramatic Thriller: A lawyer's life unravels when things go wrong after he gets involved in the drug trade in hopes of making a lot of fast money.
- A never identified lawyer known only as the Counselor (MICHAEL FASSBENDER) would seem to have it all -- a good lifestyle and enough money to fly to Amsterdam and rent a Bentley to select a large engagement ring diamond for his girlfriend, Laura (PENELOPE CRUZ). Yet, he's in need of or at least desirous of a lot of fast money and thus asks his client-friend Reiner (JAVIER BARDEM) to get him in on a lucrative deal. With several pet cheetahs, an expensive sports car and an exotic girlfriend in the form of Malkina (CAMERON DIAZ), Reiner is living a lavish lifestyle.
Yet, he warns the Counselor that if he gets involved with a large shipment of cocaine, he needs to be prepared for moral dilemmas he couldn't have imagined. That's pretty much the same advice given to the Counselor by Reiner's middle-man contact, Westray (BRAD PITT), who tries to advise the lawyer to back away from the deal.
Undeterred, he opts in and the drugs start the beginning of their journey hidden in a septic truck. But little does the Counselor realize that an act of kindness -- bailing the adult son of his imprisoned client, Ruth (ROSIE PEREZ), out of jail -- will soon have his life and that of others unraveling.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Some older teens might be interested, especially if they're fans of anyone in the cast. Otherwise, I just don't see a lot of kids wanting to see it.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For graphic violence, some grisly images, strong sexual content and language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2018 Screen It, Inc.